Crafting Conjure and Wiccan Oils with Essential Oils
Enchanting Elixirs: Crafting Conjure and Wiccan Oils with Essential Oil
In our previous post, HOW TO MAKE CONJURE OILS: CHOOSING THE RIGHT CARRIER OIL, we discussed the process of making spiritual oils and the significance of working with specific carrier oils. Today, we are going to elaborate on this process and take a deep dive into the power of essential oils and how they can enhance your blends that align with your intentions.
What are essential oils and how are they used in Magic?
Essential oils are highly concentrated plant extracts that are created through a distillation process. They can also be created through a cold process method whereby the juice/essences are squeezed out of the materials. Essential oils provide a wonderful staple ingredient for any type of spiritual oil and are a common ingredient in both conjure oils and wiccan oils The process includes blending essential oils with other materials, such as herbs, roots, and/or crystals that are mixed into a carrier oil. Each ingredient is added based on its spiritual or magical properties, and these ingredients can vary depending on the specific intention and goal of the practitioner.
When making any type of conjure oil or wiccan oil, it's important to choose an essential oil that aligns with your desired intention. Let’s take love, for example, You may want to work with jasmine, rose, or ylang-ylang. For prosperity, on the other hand, you may want to work with cedar or cinnamon. Keep in mind that you can use more than one essential oil in your blends. Our Wiccan Oils typically include an array of essential oils. Not only does this enhance its efficacy, but it can also provide a wonderful aroma.
It's important to note that using essential oils does require caution. You always want to make sure you dilute your oils into a proper carrier oil such as almond oil or olive oil. This is particularly true for anyone who wishes to apply them to the skin. Pregnant women should always consult their healthcare provider prior to handling them as some essential oils can be problematic when used during pregnancy.
List of Essential Oils and Their Magical Properties
Because each essential oil has its own unique magical associations, it’s important to make sure you are choosing the right one. Below you will find a brief list that covers the top 20 essential oils.
- Lavender: Lavender is calming, soothing, and is known to promote more restful sleep. It is also associated with love, peace, health, and protection. Lavender is particularly useful for oils that target any type of reconciliation work. When combined with herbs such as marjoram and violet, it can create a more harmonious environment and energy between two people.
- Peppermint: Peppermint is uplifting, energizing, and invigorating. Peppermint is associated with purification and can also be used for love. It also makes a wonderful addition to any blend that targets clarity and focus. When combined with other essential oils such as eucalyptus and myrrh, it can be used for breaking up negative energy.
- Eucalyptus: Eucalyptus is purifying, cleansing, protecting, and healing. When combined with sage, it can rid a person or home of negative energy and provide a protective barrier. When combined with thyme, it makes a wonderful spiritual healing oil that can be used in a multitude of ways. Oils made with eucalyptus can be used for protection. One popular method is simply rubbing down your front door with a bit of oil.
- Lemon: Lemon is purifying, cleansing, stimulating, and energizing. It is also associated with love, protection, and attracting new, positive energy. Lemon is one of our favorite oils for breaking through blocks or obstacles. We add it to our Attraction Oil and Chinese Floor Wash. When mixed with other essential oils such as lemongrass or lavender, it can help cleanse your energy and clear negativity from your aura. When mixed with orange and rose, it can be used for love drawing.
- Frankincense: Sacred, spiritual, and meditative. It is also associated with purification, protection, dispelling negative energy, and increasing psychic intuition. Frankincense can be used to anoint and consecrate your divination tools, altars, and ritual items.
- Rosemary: Purifying, cleansing, and invigorating. It is also associated with love, protection, remembrance, enhancing memory, and mental clarity. Rosemary is a unique oil that can be used in an array of blends. It is commonly used in love, marriage, protection, and uncrossing blends. When mixed with mint or sage, it can be used to banish negative energy and cleanse the environment.
- Ylang-Ylang: Ylang-ylang essential oil is relaxing, sensual, and romantic. It is also associated with attracting love, enhancing relationships, and promoting inner peace. It can be used in almost any type of love, beauty, and/or attraction blend. When mixed with jasmine and cardamom essential oils, it can be used as an all-purpose seduction oil.
- Bergamot: Bergamot is uplifting, soothing, and calming. Bergamot is associated with abundance, prosperity, and attracting good fortune. It can also be used for influence, strength, power, and confidence. When mixed with vetiver and lemon essential oils, it can be used for luck and success blends.
- Chamomile: Chamomile is soothing, calming, and relaxing. It is also associated with money, peace, love, and promoting more restful sleep. Chamomile essential oil is perfect to use in any type of blend for manifestation work. When combined with vetiver and patchouli, it can be used as an all-purpose money drawing blend.
- Cedarwood: Cedarwood oil is grounding, calming, and centering. It is also associated with protection, abundance, and money. Cedarwood can be used in any type of blend for growth, particularly when it comes to business matters.
- Patchouli: Patchouli oil is earthy, grounding, and calming. It is also associated with attracting wealth, love, seduction, enhancing spirituality, and promoting peace. When combined with Bay or Myrrh, it can help dispel negative energy and provide a protective barrier.
- Sandalwood: Sandalwood is calming, soothing, and meditative. It is also associated with protection, love, wishes, healing, blessings, and enhancing spirituality. Sandalwood is a great addition to blends that seek to enhance one’s spiritual pursuits and can be used for meditation and prayer work. It can also be used as an aid in intuitive work. When mixed with rose and patchouli essential oils , it can be used for good fortune and obtaining one’s wishes.
- Clary Sage: Sage is calming, uplifting, and clarifying. It is associated with spiritual growth, enhancing intuition, banishing negative energy, and purification. Sage essential oil can be used for any type of spiritual practice, connecting with one’s ancestors, and increasing one’s wisdom and awareness. When combined with patchouli and chamomile, it can be used for obtaining wishes and manifestation.
- Orange: Orange is uplifting, energizing, and invigorating. It is associated with abundance, prosperity, love, happiness, creativity, clarity, and attracting positive energy. When mixed with rose and jasmine, orange essential oil makes a great love drawing blend. For prosperity, try mixing some orange essential oil with cinnamon and ginger.
- Jasmine: Jasmine essential oil is sensual, romantic, and uplifting. It is also associated with attracting love, enhancing relationships, increasing intuition, and promoting relaxation. It makes a wonderful addition to any type of attraction blend, particularly for matters of the heart, but it can also be used in money and prosperity blends. Jasmine is a common essential oil used in seduction blends. When mixed with rose and vanilla, it can be used as a powerful seduction and love drawing blend.
- Ginger: Ginger is warming, energizing, and uplifting. It is also associated with attracting wealth, promoting courage, attracting love, and enhancing spirituality. Ginger essential oil has the power to increase any blend. It is particularly useful in money and luck oils. Ginger essential oil can also be used for personal strength, and when combined with jasmine and orange, it makes a great love drawing blend.
- Rose: Rose essential oil is romantic, sensual, and uplifting. It is also associated with love, intuition, emotional healing, self-confidence, self-love, divine connection, luck, and attracting positive energy. Rose is one of the most common ingredients used in love drawing blends. It can also, however, be used in an array of other blends that target beauty, attraction, and overall good luck.
- Myrrh: Myrrh is spiritual, sacred, and meditative. It is associated with purification, protection, healing, blessings, and consecrating sacred objects. When combined with rosemary or black pepper oil, it can make a powerful protection blend. For healing, try blending myrrh with coriander or angelica essential oil.
- Basil: Basil is uplifting, energizing, and clarifying. It is associated with love, money, protection, mental clarity, and purification. When combined with lemon, it can make a powerful purification and banishing blend. For wealth, consider mixing basil with chamomile or bergamot essential oils.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is warming, energizing, and stimulating. It is associated with wealth, success, healing, and enhancing spirituality. Because cinnamon essential oil is so energizing, it can enhance the efficacy of the ingredients mixed with it. When combined with other energizing oils, such as nutmeg and ginger, it can be used in almost any type of money or luck blend. When mixed with other love and seduction oils, such as jasmine, rose, or orange, it adds extra power to any type of seduction or love drawing blend.
It’s important to note that our list only features 20 essential oils. There are a ton of others, and you can get quite creative when mixing your blends. Essential oils play an important role when making conjure and wiccan oils. They provide powerful magical and spiritual properties that can be tailored to your specific needs and intentions. It’s important to remember to use caution when working with essential oils. They should always be properly diluted, and consult a healthcare professional when pregnant or have any concerns about using them.