Protection Spells for Uncrossing, Shielding, Guarding & Defense Magic
The practice of magic for religion and healing has been utilized for centuries. For many cultures, magic played an important role in all aspects of life. Not surprisingly. magic still continues to addresses many of the everyday issues will face today. A desire for well-being, prosperity and good health remain at the forefront of our concerns and deeply impact the choices we make. However, by far one of the oldest and most common forms of magic was that of protection.
Protection or shielding magic rituals and spells are commonly performed to ensure protection of people, property, and one’s home, etc. The use of spells for protection has been well documented since the times of the ancient Egyptians, Romans, and Greeks. It has served as an important function in magical belief systems worldwide.
The goal of protection magic is to help you dispel and shield yourself from the negative intentions from others. It can also enhance any protective measure you take against the evil eye, malicious spells or negative energy. In almost any situation, protection magic is great tool for adding an extra layer of security. However, it's important to note that you still need to be vigilant, particularly when it comes to things like your physical well-being or valuables. Protective magic can only do so much and it lends itself more to the spiritual plane rather than the physical one.
- Take a piece of thread or string long enough to comfortably wrap it around your waist. Next, add some eucalyptus and basil to a pot of simmering distilled water. Add in your string. Simmer for 3 minutes and then let cool. After it cools, take the string and let it air dry for the next three day. When its dry, you are going to make three knots in it. As you tie each knot recite the Hail Mary. Tie this around your waist or you can simply triple wrap it around your ankle.
- Take an iron railroad spike and hang it on the inside of your door. Or, bury a railroad spike on the outside of each corner of your home.
- A traditional northern European amulet can be used to ward off evil. Find a stone with a natural hole in it. Historically this are referred to as hag stones. Wear this as around your neck or simply carry it on you. Carnelian stones or beads can also serve as protection and are particularly powerful when worn against the skin such as in jewelry.
- Salt can also be a wonderful to provide a protective shield around a specific place or person. In may experience any salts can be used although some people claim that black salt is the most powerful. There are a number of ways you can utilize salts. You can simply throw some on the entrance way to your front door or you can mix some with some hyssop and rue and place this in a black flannel pouch to carry on you. Make a protective bath by mixing ½ cup of kosher salt with 5 drops of rosemary essential oil and 5 drops of cedar essential oil. Frankincense and myrrh essential oils can also be added. For a more in-depth ritual, get some dead sea salt and create a circle of salt around you. Get 4 small candles and place them inside the circle. Make sure you place each candle in one of the four directions (NWSE). When ready, light the candle and recite Psalm 35 or you may simply recite a prayer of your own.
- For herbs that are readily available and usually carried in most kitchens, get some dried bay leaves and sage. Pulverize them into a powder. Lighting a charcoal disc, carefully burn this mixture in every corner of your home and along your front door. You may also fumigate yourself by drawing the smoke up your body and over your head. Sandalwood also works well for this.
* For candle divination we suggest the following ritual. Create your own protection conjure oil by mixing bay, sage, caraway and clove into a 1/2 and oz of olive oil. You may also want to consider adding black cohosh and burdock root. Or, you can simply try one of ours. We recommend our Fiery Wall of Protection Oil.
For those of you who are fans of St. Michael, then this ritual can definitely be used as a petition for his protection. Carve a white or blue jumbo pillar candle with your name and birth date. Then your will want to get a red jumbo pillar candle and carve all the things you wish to protect yourself from. On top of this, carve the name of St. Michael. Above these two candles place an image of St. Michael. You are then going to anoint the blue candle with some Fiery Wall of Protection Oil. If you are seeking protection, keep the candle turned towards you. If you are attempting to dispel adverse energies, anoint the candle with oil pushing down the candle. Do the same with the Red candle. Finally, take some salt and cast a circle around both candles. When ready, light the red candle first and then follow with the blue candle. Say a prayer or recite Psalm 23.
You may also use a dab of Fiery Wall of Protection Oil to wash down your doors or windows with it. Pour a few drops of Fiery Wall into your bath water. You may even dab a drop or two onto any object or possession of special importance or value to you. Anoint a cotton ball with Fiery Wall of Protection Oil and carry it on you. Finally, anoint a garlic bulb with some Fiery Wall of Protection Oil and leave it by your front door or rest it in your fireplace.
Below are spells taken from a variety of resources, some new and some very old. Please note we may have slightly altered the original spells to make them more accessible and up to date. If you would like more information, we have included the sources below each spell.
Walk Backwards in bare feet out of your house for a total of nine steps. Make sure you do not look back. Then walk forward in the exact same tracks you made walking backwards. When you reach your front door, take sugar , alcohol, red pepper, saltpeter and Sulphur; and place them in your tracks right at the entrance of your doorway.
* Source: Haskins, James. Voodoo & Hoodoo: Their Tradition and Craft as Revealed by Actual Practitioners. Original Publications, 2005.
On a small piece of leather carve the following words, “Abrasax Abraischo’ou”. Carry this on you. You may also write this on a piece of parchment paper and pin it to your front door.
* Source: Lecouteux, Claude. Dictionary of Ancient Magic Words and Spells: from Abraxas to Zoar. Inner Traditions, 2015.
To create a protective amulet against witchcraft targeting your health and well-being, take dried vervain and pulverize it into a powder. Stick this in a pouch and carry it on you.
For protections against bad luck and negative intentions get a piece of parchment paper and write the following: “Sun, Moon, Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Trine, Saxtile, Dragon’s Head, Dragon’s Tale, I charge you all to guard this house from evil spirits whatever, and guard it from all disorders and thievery and give this family good health and wealth.” Pin or nail this above the inside of your front door.
* Source: Mercer, A.D. The Wicked Shall Decay, Charms, Spells & Witchcraft of Old Britain, Three Hand Press, 2018.
To restrain and protect oneself from another person’s anger get a small piece of linen and some myrrh essential oil. On the linen use the myrrh oil as an ink and write out this word, “KHNUM.” Take the piece of linen and hold it in your left hand. Recite the follow, “I am restraining the anger of all, especially of him NAME of PERSON, all is Khnum”
- Khnum was an early Egyptian creator God who was associated with abundance of the Nile.
* Source: Betz, Hans Dieter. The Greek Magical Papyri in Translation: Including the Demotic Spells. University of Chicago Press, 1996.