Love & Attraction Oil: What's In It & How To Use It In a Spell
Let's be honest, who doesn't want to love and be loved? Finding that special romantic connection is something many of us search for our whole lives. Throughout time, people have turned to spells, rituals, and other spiritual and magical practices to enhance their love lives and attract a fulfilling partner. In magical practices, one of the powerful tools they've discovered is that of Love Drawing Oils. Today, one of the most popular love oils used in magic and spellwork is Love and Attraction oil.
What is Love & Attraction Oil?
Love & Attraction Oil has roots in various spiritual and magical traditions, like hoodoo, Wicca, witchcraft, and other schools of folk magic. Traditionally, Love and Attraction Oils are typically made of herbs, essential oils, and other materials. These are combined into a carrier oil such as Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil, or Olive Oil. The Oil is then set aside for a few weeks to allow the herbal ingredients to infuse into the base oil (carrier oil). The end result is a ritual oil that can help empower and enhance one’s love and attraction intentions. In essence, they can give your love and attraction spells and rituals a serious boost.
The Ingredients of Love & Attraction Oil
There are countless love-related herbs and essential oils to choose from. While recipes can often vary from practitioner to practitioner, there are some common ingredients that are used in love and attraction oil:
- Roses: As one of the most universal symbols of love, the rose is associated with true love, marriage, passion, and romance.
- Jasmine: Jasmine is commonly believed to be an aphrodisiac. It can enhance feelings of love, sensuality, and attraction and is commonly used in love drawing and seduction blends.
- Orris Root: Orris root is revered for its love, attraction, and commitment magical properties, It is often used in love spells to draw romantic partners, enhance someone’s current relationship, and is believed to promote commitment and fidelity.
- Lavender: Known for its calming energy and association with love, lavender is said to promote peace and harmony in relationships.
- Vanilla: Associated with love, sensuality, and comfort, vanilla adds a boost of passion and can enhance the power of attraction oils.
- Patchouli: Often used to attract love and promote passion, patchouli is believed to create a magnetic energy that draws people together.
- Cinnamon: This warming spice is believed to increase attraction and draw love, adding a powerful boost to any love ritual.
- Damiana: Like Jasmine, damiana is known as an aphrodisiac and can enhance passion, seduction, and boost attraction spells.
- Catnip: Catnip is great to use for love drawing in general. It is also associated with happiness and encourages relaxation, making it a great herb to use when there is conflict in a relationship.
How to Perform a Love & Attraction Spell
To perform a love drawing candle spell, gather the following items:
- A pink candle.
- A tablespoon of cinnamon.
- A tablespoon of brown sugar.
- A tablespoon of catnip
- Rose petals
- A piece of parchment paper or brown paper bag
- A pen
- A platter
Begin by writing your petition out on your piece of paper. Fold the paper in half, making sure you are folding the paper towards your body. Turn it 90 degrees to the right (clockwise) and fold it again. Repeat this one more time.
*Note, If you wish to draw in a specific person, write the name down three times. Turn the paper 90 degrees to the right and write your name three times directly over theirs. Turn the paper to the right one more time. Now, write your intention on top of your name and your target’s name. Fold it towards you three times.
Get your platter and place your petition in the middle of it. Next, take your honey and fill the platter over your petition. Then add your cinnamon, sugar, rose petals, and catnip.
Put a few drops of the Love & Attraction Oil on your palms and anoint the candle by drawing the oil upwards from the base to the wick. Place the candle in a holder and set it in the platter's center. When you feel ready, light the candle and recite the Song of Songs from the Bible or state your intentions.
Other Ways to Use Love & Attraction Oil in Spells and Rituals
There are a ton of other ways to use a love drawing oil. Here are a few techniques:
- Anointing candles: Anoint a candle with a few drops of oil before performing a love or attraction ritual. Rub a few drops of oil in the palm of your hand and then anoint the candle with the oil while focusing on your intention. When picking a candle, make sure you choose a color associated with love, such as pink or red. As the candle burns, visualize your intention manifesting in your life.
- Petitions: Write out a prayer or intention on a piece of paper. Anoint it with Love & Attraction Oil and place it in a safe place in the bedroom or bury it by your front door.
- A Bath Ritual: Light two pink or red candles and place them on each side of your bath. Add a few drops of the oil to your bathwater. As you bathe, state your intention or say a prayer. Visualize your intention and imagine the oil's energy surrounding you and drawing in new love.
- Anointing your body: Apply a small amount of the oil to your wrists, neck, or behind your ears as an anointing to attract love or enhance your current relationship. Be careful of any potential skin reactions or allergies. You may want to dilute the oil down with more carrier oil. Always perform a skin test prior to wearing.
- Anointing objects: You can use conjure oils to anoint objects, such as crystals, talismans, or jewelry. You may also simply anoint a cotton ball and carry it on you.
- Mojo bags or sachets: Create a mojo bag or sachet filled with love drawing herbs, crystals, or other items that you feel represent love. Add a few drops of Love and Attraction Oil to enhance its power. Carry the bag or sachet with you or place it in a specific area, such as your bedroom.
- Meditation and visualization: Meditate while holding a small amount of the oil in your hands or apply it to your third eye or heart chakra. Speak your intention out loud or say a prayer. Visualize the oil's energy connecting to you and drawing in love or attracting a partner.
- Anoint spell and ritual tools: Dab some oil on your ritual tools, such as a wand, athame, chalice, or altar. You can also use some as an offering to any deities that are associated with love.