Have you ever heard of the power of candle magic? It’s one of the more powerful tools that can help you put your intentions into action. Candle magic is a form of manifestation that utilizes the energy of candles, oils, and herbs to bring about desired outcomes. By dressing and anointing a candle, one can imbue it with their energy and intentions, making it a powerful tool for manifestation.
Before you begin, it’s important to gather all the right items. Candle magic requires a step-by-step process, and it's important to gather all the necessary materials before your start. This can help you perform your ritual or spell in a well-thought-out way. The more precise your visualization or intention is, the better the result. So here are some of the basic items you’ll need for dressing a candle.
- You first want to choose a candle that compliments your intention. Different colors and types of candles correspond with different properties, so choosing the right one is essential. More on that later.
- Herbs: Like candle colors, different herbs have different magical properties. You will want to pick herbs that align with your intention. If you want to attract love, for example, you might choose to work with rose or jasmine; if you want to attract money, on the other hand, you might work with cinnamon or nutmeg.
- Conjure Oils or Essential Oils: Oils are used to anoint the candle, and like herbs, they have unique magical properties. Certain Conjure Oils contain several herbs and essential oils that target a specific intention. Oils such as Come to Me Oil or Follow Me Oil target love, while Wealthy Way or Fast Cash attract money. Conjure oils are great to work with because they already have all the right oils and herbs in them. Essentials Oils are extracts of herbal materials like flowers, plants, or roots. They rarely include blended materials, so it’s similar to using herbs. One type of essential oil is like using 1 type of herb. You can also simply choose to use a carrier oil if you are using an herbal mixture.
- A small plate or tray: I also tell people to get a tray large enough to roll a candle in it. It makes it much easier when coating your anointed candle.
- Matches or a lighter. You'll need this to light the candle.
Choosing the Right Candle
When selecting a candle for your intention, it is important to consider the color and type of candle. Each color has its own meaning and purpose, so choosing the right color can help you align your energy with your desired outcome.
- White candles: White candles are associated with purity, healing, and spiritual growth. They can be used for purification rituals, spiritual growth and simple faith and blessings work. However, white is a color that can also be used for any ritual as it is believed to draw in divine energy.
- Green candles: Green candles tend to be used for any type of prosperity and abundance rituals. They are perfect to use in any kind of Money Drawing workings. It’s also a great color to work with when it comes to financial growth and stability.
- Red candles: Red candles are often associated with passion, love, and desire. However, red candles can also be used for discord and other nefarious rituals. Keep in mind that red is a color of passion. When used in love spells, it can create a spicy kind of energy, and if you're looking for something more along the lines of fostering commitment and enduring love, I would stick with pink.
- Blue candles: Blue candles are associated with moon work, healing, intuition, justice, and truth. Blue candles are particularly powerful while working with the moon’s energy. I particularly like to use them with other colored candles if I utilize certain moon phases, such as a waxing moon (full moon).
- Purple candles: Purple candles are associated with power, mediation, clairvoyance, and spirituality in general. It’s a great color to work with if you are trying to increase your psychic abilities, deepen your awareness or wish to work with your 3rd eye chakra. It’s also great for rituals or spells to increase your personal power.
- Yellow candles: Yellow candles are great for happiness, joy, creativity, clarity, positive energy, and solar work.
- Orange candles: Orange candles can be used for manifestation, opening new doors, success, attraction, ambition, and finding lost things.
- Black candles: Black candles are perfect to use when you wish to banish, purify and cleanse. It’s the ideal candle color when you want to remove negativity from your life.
- Pink candles: Pink candles are great to work with if you are seeking a new relationship, deepen the commitment between a current one, or simply wish to draw you and a particular person emotionally closer. Pink candles can also be used for friendship, reconciliation work, and unconditional love. It is also a great color to work with when you want to experience greater self-acceptance and self-love.
Cleansing the Candle
Before you begin any type of candle magic, it is first important to cleanse your candle to remove any negative energy. You can do this by simply smudging it with sage or palo santo. This will help to purify the candle and prepare it for the ritual.
Anointing Your Candle
Once you have chosen your candle, you will then need to anoint it. Learn how to anoint a candle with oil by taking a few drops and gently rubbing it into your palms. Starting in the middle of the candle, draw the oil up the candle. Then, return to the candle's middle and draw the oil down..
Another technique involves your specific intention. This refers to whether you wish to draw something into your life or if you wish to rid yourself of something. In this method, hold your candle in front of you with the wick facing away from your body. If you wish to draw things into your life, rub the oil from the wick toward your body. If you wish to get rid of something in your life, start at the base of the candle (the side closest to your body) and push the oil away from you. As you do this, focus your energy on your intention and visualize the candle's energy magnifying your desires.
How to Dress Your Candle
Once your candle is anointed, the next step is to dress it with herbs. Get your tray or plate with herbs and gently roll your anointed candle directly into the herbal mixture. As you do this, visualize your intention and focus your energy on the desired outcome. You should have a candle that is gently coated in dried herbs. Please don’t overdo it! Too many herbs can affect how your candle burns and can be a fire hazard. It’s essential that you always burn a dressed candle in a safe place where you can keep an eye on it.
Setting the Intention and Performing the Ritual
When your candle is anointed and dressed, you a ready to set your intention and perform the ritual. You want to make sure you find a time when you will not be interrupted. Find a quiet space to sit with your candle and focus on your intentions.
Light the candle and focus your attention on the flame. Visualize your intention and imagine and imagine it has already come to fruition. As the candle burns down, release your intentions into the universe. The goal is to let go of your expectations and trust that the universe will manifest your intentions in a perfect way that is for your highest good.