Witches are everywhere! Even in our modern world, on a daily basis, we encounter people who concoct magical potions with the use of herbs and intentions for healing, love, and abundance. You might ask, "Where can I find such a dedicated Kitchen Witch practitioner?" The answer is in your kitchen!
The "Kitchen Witch" is a real witch. Using time-honored traditions, the Kitchen Witch infuses daily life with witchcraft. Whether through cooking or baking, magical intentions and rituals are found in every kitchen. Kitchen witchery is practical everyday magic. A kitchen witch sees the act of cooking or baking as a magical act. They might stir a pot in a clockwise direction to attract positive energy or use herbs and spices that have certain traditional symbolic meanings.
The cook who makes chicken noodle soup with fresh herbs and the intention to soothe a child’s cold is a kitchen witch! In traditional folklore, rosemary is used to purify and protect. Garlic wards off evil spirits, and it protects against negative energies. Not only does sage have a delightfully savory taste, it also purifies and detoxes. Let’s garnish with parsley which adds flavor and color as it purifies and protects.
The baker uses the sweetness of sugar to elicit feelings of love and warmth. Because the sweetness of sugar is associated with love, joy, abundance, and attraction, the creation of scrumptiously sweet offerings is a magical act in and of itself. Outside of the kitchen, sugar can be used in spells by adding it to love drawing candles or by creating a honey pot or sweetening jar. Check out our article on the New Love Honey Spell.
Kitchen witchery is everyday magic. Unbeknownst to some, magic is made when food is crafted with love, the desire to heal, and other heartfelt intentions. Let's break down 3 easy kitchen witchery recipes that can be used for love, abundance and healing.
Kitchen Witchery Recipe for Love: Sweetheart Honey Jar
- A small glass jar with a tight-fitting lid
- Dried rose petals
- Lavender buds
- A cinnamon stick
- Begin by cleansing and purifying the jar. You can do this by washing it with warm, soapy water or by smudging it with white sage.
- Take the dried rose petals and lavender buds and fill the jar halfway.
- Add the cinnamon stick to the jar.
- Pour honey into the jar, ensuring that the ingredients are fully covered.
- Seal the jar tightly and hold it between your hands. Visualize love, passion, and affection filling the jar.
- Place the jar in a spot where it won't be disturbed, such as your kitchen counter or a windowsill.
- Whenever you desire to attract love or enhance the love in your life, open the jar, inhale the scent, and feel the loving energy it holds.
Kitchen Witchery Recipe for Abundance:
Prosperity Rice Ingredients:
- A pinch of nutmeg
- A pinch of allspice
- 1 cup rice
- A handful of cashews
- 1 tablespoon of ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 teaspoon of cardamom seeds
- Salt to taste
- Rinse the rice thoroughly and cook it according to the package instructions.
- In a separate pan, heat the ghee over medium heat.
- Add the cardamom seeds and cashews to the pan and sauté until the cashews turn golden brown.
- Add the cooked rice to the pan and mix well.
- Add a pinch of the allspice and nutmeg powder and sprinkle them over the rice.
- Stir the rice gently to distribute the allspice and nutmeg evenly.
- Season with salt to taste.
- While stirring the rice, visualize abundance, prosperity, and financial blessings coming into your life.
- Serve the prosperity rice as a side dish during meals, focusing on the abundance it represents.
Kitchen Witchery Recipe for Healing: Healing Herbal Tea
- 1 teaspoon dried chamomile flowers
- 1 teaspoon dried lemon balm leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried peppermint leaves
- 1 teaspoon echinacea leaves
- Honey or lemon (optional, for taste)
- Boil water in a kettle or pot.
- In a tea infuser or a small cloth bag, combine the chamomile flowers, lemon balm, echinacea and peppermint leaves.
- Place the tea infuser or bag into a teapot or cup.
- Pour the boiling water over the herbs and let it steep for 5-10 minutes.
- As the tea steeps, focus on the healing energy of the herbs, envisioning it infusing the water with its soothing properties.
- Remove the tea infuser or bag and sweeten with honey or add a squeeze of lemon, if desired.
- Hold the cup in your hands, feeling the warmth and healing energy, and sip the tea slowly, allowing it to nurture and heal your body and spirit.